Experience the real Alaska with one of our dog sledding tours with some authentic Alaskan dog mushers. Dog sledding for anyone who has less time and who wants to stay close to Fairbanks.
- Snow shoes
- Telescoping poles
A Fun Snowshoe Tour in the Alaskan Outdoors
Escape into the serene beauty of a natural winter wonderland. A short distance from Alaska-Wildlife-Guide’s location is the Chena Lakes Recreation area with a multitude of trails beckoning. They will lead us over frozen lakes, and rivers and into the forest leaving behind the hectic city life.
Snowshoeing is a fun winter activity for the whole family. No special skills are required and learned very quickly. With a little luck, we may spot wildlife such as birds, snowshoe hare, fox or even a moose.
Just bring warm clothing and a sense for fun adventure.
Customized tours are possible.
- Enjoy a day away from the loudness of the city
- Small group ensures personal service
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
- No pick up/drop off from/to your location
- The address of the start location is 3740 Lyle Ave. in North Pole 99705.
- Direction coming from Fairbanks:
- Take Highway 2 (Richardson Hwy) exit Dawson Rd/Buzby Rd.
- Take a left turn and drive under the Hwy 2 bridge.
- Take a right turn (follow the sign for the Chena Lake recreation area) to Misteltoe Dr, which becomes later Laurance Rd.
- Take a left turn to Nelson Rd. (4th) (last road before the Chena Lake recreation area)
- Take a left turn to Lyle Avenue (after Birch Dell Dr.)
- Address is on the right hand side, you will see our sign, pull into the driveway, park and make your way up the drive to our office.
**Please note we require a minimum number of 4 people to operate this tour. If minimum numbers are not met you will be advised and offered either a refund or to be rescheduled.