This aurora tour takes you to one of the most famous Northern Lights viewing spots in Fairbanks. Murphy Dome is located north northwest of town.
NORTHERN LIGHTS & CHENA HOT SPRINGS
- Pick up/drop off from hotels within the city limits of Fairbanks or North Pole. If you are staying at an Air BnB, please contact the office on 907 712 4529 (landline) for the closest pick up location.
- Admission to the Fairbanks Ice Museum
- Interesting commentary from your professional guide
- Transportation and admission to the Hot Springs.
- Pick ups commence from 4pm, dependent on hotel location.
- You will be contacted the day before your tour with your pick up time. Please check your voicemail in case you miss our call. We will send you an email if you do not have voicemail.
- The Ice Museum at the Chena Hot Springs Resort is currently closed for remodeling. You will be taken to an alternative ice museum in Fairbanks before being transported out to the resort.
- We cannot guarantee that you will be able to see the Northern Lights.
- Children under 18 are not permitted to go into the outdoor rock pool, but may use the indoor pool with adult supervision.
- Adult Adults 18 years and over
- Children Age 12 and under
The most comfortable way to see the Aurora in Alaska
Join us on one of our most requested tours to the famous Chena Hot Springs Resort starting with a tour of the Fairbanks Ice Museum. (Please note that this is not the ice museum located at Chena Hot Springs as this is currently closed for remodeling.)
An informative guided tour through the Fairbanks Ice Museum (open year round) displaying magnificent ice sculptures will leave you amazed. Then, sit back and relax while you are transported 60 miles out to the Chena Hot Springs Resort. Enjoy a meal at the restaurant which offers locally cultivated vegetables and Alaskan seafood (optional and not included in price) and then soak in the legendary healing mineral waters of the hot spring. You can also take a stroll outside to see if the beautiful and breathtaking Aurora Borealis is dancing overhead (the presence of the aurora is not guaranteed). A little after midnight, join your group and be transported back to your hotels in Fairbanks, with optional stops to try and spot the aurora, if it is out.
- Tour of the Fairbanks Ice Museum and witness world champion ice carvers at work.
- Relax in the healing waters of Chena Hot Springs outdoor rock pool or Hot Tub. (for adults 18+ only)
- Warm up in the Activity Center with a hot beverage while waiting for the Northern Lights.
- We will allow plenty of time for photography to ensure you will not forget this experience
**Please note we require a minimum number of 4 people to operate this tour. If minimum numbers are not met you will be advised and offered either a refund or to be rescheduled.