Join us on one of our most requested Northern Lights tours as we travel to the famous Chena Hot Springs Resort. Located 60 scenic miles from downtown Fairbanks.
NORTHERN LIGHTS & MURPHY DOME
- Pick up/drop off from hotels within the city limits of Fairbanks or North Pole. If you are staying at an Air BnB, please contact the office on 907 712 4529 (landline) for the closest pick up location.
- Hot beverages and snacks
Note: We make no guarantee that the Northern Lights will be visible as they are a natural phenomenon.
There are no restrooms at this location.
The most famous viewing spot close to Fairbanks!
Join us on our tour to one of the most famous Northern Lights viewing spots around, located northwest of Fairbanks, Murphy Dome. Today Murphy Dome Air Force Station (elevation 2930 feet/830m) is a closed United States Air Force General Surveillance Radar station. We will leave the city lights behind us in our spacious vans ensuring the comfort of each guest.
- Travel to Murphy Dome (20 miles west-north-west of Fairbanks, was once an Air Force Station, today still in use as a Long Distance Radar Station)
- Murphy Dome climbs to 2930 feet (880 meters) above sea level
- Witness the breathtaking Northern Lights dance across the sky (360-degree view) (not guaranteed)
- Enjoy the opportunity to photograph the Northern Lights for everlasting memories
- A minimum number of 3 people is required to operate this tour. If minimum numbers are not met you will be advised and offered either a refund or to be rescheduled.
- The road to Murphy Dome can get icy and slippery making access to the top difficult. If the guide determines that attempting to drive to the summit of Murphy Dome is hazardous, you will be taken to an alternative, more accessible location to view the northern lights.
- There are no bathrooms at this location, but we do carry spare toilet paper in case of emergencies.