Join us on one of our most requested Northern Lights tours as we travel to the famous Chena Hot Springs Resort. Located 60 scenic miles from downtown Fairbanks.
NORTHERN LIGHTS & MURPHY DOME
- Pick up/drop off within the city limits of Fairbanks or North Pole
- Hot beverages and snacks
Note: No guarantee the Northern Lights will be visible.
There are no restrooms at this location.
The most famous viewing spot close to Fairbanks!
Join us on our tour to one of the most famous Northern Lights viewing spots around, located northwest of Fairbanks, Murphy Dome. Today Murphy Dome Air Force Station (elevation 2930 feet/830m) is a closed United States Air Force General Surveillance Radar station. We will leave the city lights behind us in our spacious vans ensuring each guest’s comfort.
- Travel to Murphy Dome (20 miles west-north-west of Fairbanks, was once an Air Force Station, today still in use as a Long Distance Radar Station)
- Murphy Dome climbs to 2930 feet (880 meters) above sea level
- Witness the breathtaking Northern Lights dance across the sky (360-degree view) (not guaranteed)
- Enjoy the opportunity to photograph the Northern Lights for everlasting memories
**Please note we require a minimum number of 2 people to operate this tour. If minimum numbers are not met you will be advised and offered either a refund or to be rescheduled.