Join us on one of our most requested Northern Lights tours as we travel to the famous Chena Hot Springs Resort. Located 60 scenic miles from downtown Fairbanks.
NORTHERN LIGHT & ARCTIC CIRCLE TOUR
- Pick up/drop off from hotels within the city limits of Fairbanks or North Pole. If you are staying at an Air BnB, please contact the office on 907 712 4529 (landline) for the closest pick up location.
- 2 Sandwiches, snacks, bottled water and hot beverages
- “Cross the Arctic Circle” certificate
Note: We make no guarantee that the Northern Lights will be visible as they are a natural phenomenon.
Our Most Picturesque Tour in Fairbanks, Alaska
On this full-day adventure starting in Fairbanks, you will cross the Arctic Circle, watch the Northern Lights, and enjoy the expansive landscape of Alaska’s untouched wilderness. You’ll experience Alaska like you have never seen it before while enjoying a comfortable drive and narration from your expert guide.
Please note that seeing the Northern Lights is not guaranteed.
- Picks ups commence from 2:00pm
- After pickup from your Fairbanks hotel, travel to the legendary Arctic Circle. Stop here to take pictures and receive your ‘Cross the Circle Certificate!’
- We drive along the Trans-Alaska Pipeline, which stretches over 800 miles (1,287 km) through Alaska. You will learn the history of its inception to its completion.
- Drive across the mighty Yukon River Bridge and stroll along the riverbank and gaze at the scenic landscape.
- Stop and walk the 1/2 mile informative loop at Finger Mountain. Look over the Kanuti Flats below you and learn about the symbiotic relationship of the environment around you. (seasonal stop)
- Cross the Arctic Circle and enjoy a snack and a hot drink.
- Travel back toward Fairbanks at night, looking for Lady Aurora to make her appearance in the sky above you. You will have several opportunities to take photos or simply marvel at and be mesmerized by this phenomenon.
- Gaze up at the spectacular Northern Lights as you drive through the night, arriving back in Fairbanks at dawn.
- We require a minimum number of 4 people to operate this tour. If minimum numbers are not met you will be advised and offered either a refund or to be rescheduled.
- The appearance of the northern lights is not guaranteed as it is a natural phenomenon we have no control over.
- This tour is not recommended for children under 10 years of age.
- This tour requires being able to enter and exit our van with limited assistance. Please contact us if you have any concerns about mobility.
- Please dress appropriately. The temperatures can reach extreme conditions during the winter month and we recommend to dress in layers.
- Vegan/Gluten Free options: Please note that vegan and gluten free products are limited in availability up here in Alaska and we cannot guarantee we can provide these options.