Come explore Alaska’s wild side. Angel Rocks is one of the most popular hiking trails and is suitable for the whole family.
BEAUTY OF THE NORTH TOUR
- Pick up/drop off from hotels within the city limits of Fairbanks or North Pole. If you are staying at an Air BnB, please contact the office on 907 712 4529 (landline) for the closest pick up location.
- Commentary from your guide about points of interest along the way
- Tips/gratuities are not mandatory but are welcome.
- Lunch, snacks and drinks.
One of a kind journey to Delta Junction and Summit Lake
There is no place in the world quite like the interior of Alaska. This tour will provide you with a one of a kind experience, creating memories that will last a lifetime. Our excursion will give you a view into a side of Alaska only few people will ever have the opportunity of experiencing.
On your journey from Fairbanks to Summit Lake, you will enjoy attractions such as the famous Knotty Shop, a unique woodworking shop featuring birch wood carvings as well as a variety of other local art and the best ice cream in the area.
As we continue our tour, you will have the opportunity to explore the Big Delta State Historical Park taking you back in time to the early days of the 20th century.
Throughout our day, scenic landscapes and unique landmarks will provide plenty of panoramas to be captured by camera or film to include Quartz Lake, the Delta Flats, the Trans Alaskan Pipeline and the Delta Clearwater River.
Grab a bite to eat in one of Delta Junction’s eateries and visit Sullivan’s Roadhouse Historical Museum where the history of the Alaskan Gold Rush will unfold right in front of your eyes as you witness how pioneers lived in Alaska during the late 1800’s.
As we continue our journey, you will enjoy sitting back and enjoying the ride and scenery as we take you deep into the heart of the interior. Few words can describe the experience of soaking in Alaska’s vast nature, expanse of vistas, rivers, glaciers and mountains as well as wildlife which could include bears, caribou, moose and bison.
Arriving at Summit Lake (3300 ft/1000m), be sure to have your camera ready as the landscape opens up in front of you and offers an indescribable experience.
The peace and vastness of Alaska’s nature has changed many of our guests forever.
After many years of experience exploring the remotest parts of Alaska, this excursion combines our favorite landscapes and landmarks this state has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you.
- We require a minimum number of 2 people to operate this tour. If minimum numbers are not met you will be advised and offered either a refund or to be rescheduled.
- We will contact you the day before your tour with your exact pickup time once all hotels are known and the pickup schedule is finalized. Please check your voicemail for any missed calls and messages from us.
- Pickups for this tour start from 8:00am.
- No food or drinks are provided for this tour. You are welcome to bring your own snacks and/or beverages and there will be opportunities to purchase lunch along the way.
- This tour requires being able to enter and exit our van with limited assistance. Please contact us if you have any concerns about mobility.